The Police Activity League of Waterbury, Inc. (PAL) provides the youth of the Greater Waterbury area with positive guidance during their crucial childhood years. It has been proven that a strong support system, such as PAL, has a direct relationship with lowering crime rates, and has a powerful impact on a child's future.
WATERBURY PAL NEWS
Lucha Mania Wrestling Event
2018 Easter Party
Our motto, "Today's Youth Tomorrows Leaders" emphasizes our commitment to being positive role models for children, and encompasses our hope to instill a sense of citizenship and civic duty to the members of PAL.
Information You Should Know:
- Open to all children and youth, ages 4 to 18, in the Greater Waterbury area
- Various team and individual sports and activities
- Run by volunteers that donate their time to coach and mentor
- Thorough background checks are done on all potential volunteers
- 80% of members come from low income households
- Membership fee of $30 per year, per child
- No child is ever turned away as a result of family income, inability to pay the membership fee, social background, or past involvement with the law
- Enrollment has increased from less than 100 members in 2003, to more than 4,400 members in 2018
- Increase in participation has made a positive impact on the children and their families
- A reduction in crime and improvement in the quality of life for Waterbury citizens and neighboring communities are a direct result of the programs