The Police Activity League of Waterbury, Inc. (PAL) provides the youth of the Greater Waterbury area with positive guidance during their crucial childhood years. It has been proven that a strong support system, such as PAL, has a direct relationship with lowering crime rates, and has a powerful impact on a child's future.
WATERBURY PAL NEWS
2018 Taft Summer Enrichment Program Applications
Treehouse Comedy Prodeuctions/ PAL Comedy Night
Our motto, "Today's Youth Tomorrows Leaders" emphasizes our commitment to being positive role models for children, and encompasses our hope to instill a sense of citizenship and civic duty to the members of PAL.
Information You Should Know:
- Open to all children and youth, ages 4 to 18, in the Greater Waterbury area
- Various team and individual sports and activities
- Run by volunteers that donate their time to coach and mentor
- Thorough background checks are done on all potential volunteers
- 80% of members come from low income households
- Membership fee of $30 per year, per child
- No child is ever turned away as a result of family income, inability to pay the membership fee, social background, or past involvement with the law
- Enrollment has increased from less than 100 members in 2003, to more than 4,400 members in 2018
- Increase in participation has made a positive impact on the children and their families
- A reduction in crime and improvement in the quality of life for Waterbury citizens and neighboring communities are a direct result of the programs